APPOINTMENTS WITH PRACTICE NURSE:
Our Practice Nurse, Sr Sharon Smyth works all day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Appointments are available from 08:30 AM to 12:30 PM and from 1:15 PM to 4:45 PM. Please contact reception to book an appointment.
- Sharon is responsible for Chronic Disease Management in the Practice (Diabetes, COPD, Asthma, IHD & Hypertension) and patients will be invited to attend for review appointments.
- Sharon runs our cervical screening programme and appointments can be arranged with her for smear tests.
- Sharon also offers a confidential sexual health screening service. Please read this information leaflet if you require any further information.
- Sharon co-ordinates 24- hour cardiac event recordings and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring services. Patients will be referred to Sharon following consultation with their doctor.
- Patients who register with the practice will be offered a new patient health screening appointment with Sharon. This is a very important appointment as it can take many weeks for your medical records to reach the surgery. The screening appointment gives you an opportunity to share details of your medical history with a member of our clinical team.
- Sharon co-ordinates all our immunisation programmes including annual flu campaign; shingles and pneumococcal vaccination programmes.