How Can We Help?
< Back to Help Desk
You are here:

If you are away from home and need to see a doctor, you can receive emergency treatment from any GP surgery. At Bangor Health Centre, the five GP Practices work from a Rota detailing which Practice is on call for temporary residents. However, if you are staying with a patient who is registered with a Practice in the Health Centre, you should approach their GP Practice directly.

  • We will ask you to complete a temporary residents form which you can download  here  TEMP RESIDENT. Please indicate your consent for the doctor to access your electronic care record.
  • You can register as a temporary resident if you plan to live near the GP surgery for up to three months.
  • After three months you will have to apply to register with that surgery as a permanent resident.
  • You can register temporarily with a GP while away from home for work, study or holiday. You’ll still remain registered with your permanent GP.
  • If your application to become a temporary patient is refused, you can still receive emergency treatment for up to 14 days.

What information do I need?

Try to have the following information with you when you see your temporary GP for the first time:

  • details of any medical conditions you have
  • details of medical conditions you’ve had in the past
  • the name of any medicines you’re currently taking
  • details of anything you’re allergic to
  • contact details for your permanent or previous GP
  • Health and Care Number
Previous Entitlement to NHS services and first time registration
Next Role of the Business Services Organisation.
Table of Contents