There are a number of ways to request a repeat prescription:
- Leave a message on the prescription request voicemail service
- Speak to a receptionist on the phone
You can use our EMIS Patient Access Portal if you are signed up with a username and password (available from reception).
Leaving a message on the prescription request voicemail service
Phone the practice. You will be taken through to a voicemail service where you can leave your prescription request.
- Speak slowly and clearly
- Please start by stating your full name, date of birth and address
- If calling from a mobile ensure you have a good signal
- Name each medication and dose, spelling the name where necessary
- Do not use this voicemail service for leaving messages for the doctors or any other staff or for requesting anything other than medications as the staff will be unable to action or respond to any requests other than those for medication
Speaking to a receptionist on the phone
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered by speaking to a receptionist on the phone. Please remember the receptionists are busy so please be prepared to give the correct names and doses of your medication to the receptionist before calling.