How Can We Help?
ABBEY FAMILY PRACTICE FLU CLINIC
SATURDAY MORNING 16 OCTOBER 2021
The 2021 “Boost your Immunity this Winter’ campaign combines the flu vaccine programme with the COVID-19 vaccine programme to help reduce the spread of flu and COVID-19 and lower hospital-related admissions for both. This is particularly important at this time when the health service is under severe strain.
- Eligible patients will receive an appointment by post. Please note we have much less flexibility to arrange catch up clinics this year so please try to attend your assigned appointment slot.
- On 05/10/2021 GP surgeries have not yet received a supply of COVID-19 boosters. All patients eligible for COVID-19 booster will receive an appointment as soon as the vaccines are available. The Department of Health has directed us to continue without delay to roll out FLU clinics and not to wait until both vaccines are available.
- You should contact our reception team at the end of October if you do not receive an appointment and believe you should get the flu vaccination.
- If you do have a question regarding flu vaccinations please phone in the afternoon as phone lines are very busy each morning.
It would be really helpful if you would:
- Please arrive at your exact appointment time and come alone unless you need assistance.
- Please remember that your consent form must be completed before attending and must be brought to your appointment.
- Please remember to wear a face covering and only attend if you are feeling well.
- Please maintain social distancing as advised by our staff on the understanding that we are operating a socially distanced queuing system and strict infection control measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
- It is very important to wear loose clothing to expose upper arm for vaccination as this will help us move quickly and vaccinate more patients in a timely manner.