If you feel that you are experiencing a problem or condition that requires an urgent consultation with a GP, you may call and request an emergency appointment.
Where possible please contact the surgery before 9.00 am to request an urgent appointment so that we can allocate a morning appointment slot for you to be seen.
- Our reception team will ask you for some information regarding your request to ensure it can be managed within General Practice. Sometimes it may be better for you to present to your local hospital A&E department, for example if you are experiencing chest pains or suspect a fracture. The reception team do not triage requests for emergency appointments, but they have been trained to recognise when urgent input from a GP is needed.
- Please note emergency appointments are not a way of getting seen more quickly by a GP.
- Urgent appointments are allocated to the first doctor with availability and cannot be booked with a named GP.
- Urgent appointments are not available online.
- Please remember Bangor and Ards Community Hospitals both operate Minor Injury Units. Click here for more information about conditions that be managed via this service: Minor Injuries Unit – Bangor & Ards Community Hospital